Cloud Infrastructure Architect - Server - Contract - Berkshire.
Leading mobile telecoms company require a Cloud Infrastructure Architect on an contract basis to take work as an end to end architect on a pioneering Cloud Transformation programme
They are recruiting for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Architect, to work on cloud orchestration / server infrastructure / hardware / operating systems / and all related cloud services such as IAAS, PAAS, supplier management etc.
You will accountable for the delivery of server hardware, operating systems, databases and other infrastructure for on premise requirements. You will be accountable for governing the partner to deliver the outcome as per the business requirements. You will work with our strategic partner, transformation teams and other parts of the business to achieve the outcome.
- Own technical and commercial deliveries for server infrastructure deliveries, including Hardware Technologies (Compute + Storage)
- Server operating systems such as Microsoft, RHEL
- Database Technologies such as Oracle, MongoDB and Virtualisation technology such as VMWare, KVM etc.
- To provide technical governance for server infrastructure services delivered by partners.
- Provide consultation and expertise for any new on premise Infrastructure solution requirements.
- Effective management of the server infrastructure to ensure sufficient capacity, performance and availability needed for continuous business operation and acceptable customer experience
- Work with key technology vendors to understand industry trends and drive future state architectures.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to teams within Three's business and strategic partners for server infrastructure services.
- Build excellent working relationships with senior management across the business, with our managed service partners and vendors.
- Creation of technical requirement specification documents.
- Define and govern processes for asset and license management.
- Work with procurement teams to support license requests from business teams.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Significant experience of delivering Infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements within telecoms or service provider industry.
- Demonstrable skills and excellent understanding of IT infrastructure technology fundamentals including Server hardware technology
- Storage technology such as CEPHs, SAN
- Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Server OS and Database technologies.
- Good working understanding of Cloud Orchestration and automation technologies.
- Good understanding of open source infrastructure technologies.
- Proven track record of formulating and deploying processes and procedures to improve the infrastructure technology and delivery.
- Proven capability to interface, influence and negotiate with third party managed service partners.
- Proven capability to deliver Infrastructure programs utilising 3rd party partners.
- Able to quickly comprehend diverse information. Can identify themes and gaps in information. Uses information as the basis for making decisions
- Experience in technology, telecoms and commercial contracting.
- An effective communicator and presenter, with the ability to build relationships at all levels across the business
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.