Cisco UCS Consultant - Voice Engineer - SC Cleared
The role will require a candidate with a good working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications suite and also VTC technologies. The position requires a minimum of +5 years' experience within a similar role preferably working in a secure environment.
The successful candidate will be required to leverage their practical design knowledge for implementing Cisco Call Manager to build, integrate and deliver system architecture as directed by the development team lead.
The role includes primarily hands-on implementation tasks, design work in support of the other network engineering staff and the ability to document both design and implementations undertaken.
A successful candidate will be directly responsible for:
- Execution of Work packages for the project or programme
- Hands on deployment of their UC & VTC technologies
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Supporting other enabling technologies, e.g. certificate services
- Documenting areas of their responsibility, such that it can be reused and repeated
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience with Communications Systems Management
- Knowledge and administration of some backend Video Conferencing platforms. (Cisco/Polycom etc)
- High level of competence in some of the following: Cisco VOIP (CUCM), Cisco Unified Border Control Element (CUBE), Cisco Instant Messaging and Presence (IMP), Cisco video bridging infrastructure, and Cisco Telepresence
- General knowledge of Unified Communications including integration of Cisco and Microsoft Exchange
- A understanding of basic routing/switching/QOS, firewalls and its potential impact on voice, video and web streaming network environments
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IP Telephony and VTC, specifically within Cisco and preferably Polycom
- Any of the following qualifications would be highly advantageous: CCNA Video Telepresence CCNA Video Network
- Knowledge of telephony to radio integration would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business would be beneficial
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.