C# Web Developer - Permanent - Witney, Oxfordshire
Luxury travel company in Oxfordshire with amazing offices and working environment require a skilled Web Developer with strong C#/SQL skills and a keen eye for UX/Front end design on a permanent basis.
- Actively engage in discussions and put forward ideas for improving back-end systems, adding new functionality to the customer facing websites and constantly be looking for ways to improve our online offering according to the needs of the business and our clients.
- Provide technical feedback and advice on project specifications and designs.
- Produce tidy, standards compliant and well documented code in line with our agreed best practices.
- Work with the other members of the web development team to ensure code and design consistency.
- Deliver projects based on the agreed scope / specification and within an agreed timescale.
- Document new systems or processes developed and ensure this is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Ensure new developments are tested and meet agreed requirements.
- Help the web development manager mentor and improve junior members of the team alongside your own project work.
- Share your knowledge, techniques and findings with the rest of the web development team.
- Liaise with other internal technical teams (e.g. IT and JD Developers) as required to ensure system compatibility.
- Help the web development manager with code reviews.
Extensive knowledge of C# coding standards and the .NET framework.
- ASP.NET (4.0+ C#)
- LINQ / Lambda syntax
- MVC (Razor)
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server database design and implementation
- CSS / LESS & HTML5
- Web Services (REST, JSON, ASP.NET Web API)
- Version control (preferably Git)
- Build process & deployment management (Continuous Integration, Team City, MSBuild, Task Runners such as Grunt or Gulp, etc.)
- IIS configuration
- Cross-device coding / responsive design
Desirable skills (in order of desirability)
- A/B Testing
- Internationalisation / Globalisation in .NET (i.e. multi-market websites)
- UX / Web design skills
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
BI Systems Developer
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Lead Application Developer - BI / Analytics Reporting
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Salary: Daily Rate
Location: Luxembourg, Luxembourg
IT Asset Management Support Analyst (Hardware/Software)
Location: Kidlington, Oxfordshire