Business Development Manager - Software - Defence - Bristol
Are you a Business Development Manager with a background in successful software services sales? If so please consider applying for a fantastic permanent opportunity based in either Bristol or Chippenham for an industry leading software innovator.
My client is a leading developer of software services who develop robust, real-world solutions within Defence, Space, Security, Maritime, Government, Commercial, Space, Transport and Media and Broadcast markets. Their solutions are frequently right at the core of their customers business. Frequently they are complex and distributed, requiring innovation and unusual integration.
They will be responsible for account management and developing new leads and converting them into new profitable business. This is a hands-on role, with the candidate being required to work at all levels and in all roles as necessary to make sure the sales objectives are met.
The candidate will need to attend the Bristol or Chippenham offices regularly and frequently so the company prefers the individual to live within reasonable commuting distance.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record in professional software services sales from first contact through to closure.
- Experience in selling into the Defence Market and its supply chain.
- An excellent understanding of software development and systems integration with the ability to build up an in-depth knowledge of the clients technical capabilities and deliverables, operations, procedures and customer base in a short time.
- Commercial awareness and entrepreneurial flair; spots opportunities quickly and identifies potential risk areas.
- Commitment to achieving targets. Good personal organisation and focus.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills - produces and delivers appropriate well-structured presentations and proposals.
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst playing an active role as a member of the business team.
- Candidates need to be eligible to work in the UK and be able to obtain security clearance.
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on (0117) 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.