Business Change Lead - PMO - 6 month contract - Berkshire
The Governance & Assurance Change Lead will use a combination of business analysis, project management, stakeholder management, and process improvement skills to lead, manage, oversee and support the implementation of improvement projects and initiatives, working closely with other key resources and subject matter experts in both the Programme Office and wider business. The position has no direct management responsibilities but will be required to provide leadership and be responsible for training, coaching, mentoring and advising others on improvement projects execution, best practices and standards.
- Champion change activities across the business and therefore the ability to bring people along the journey will be critical to the success of the individual, the Governance & Assurance function, as well as the COO organisation, in supporting its desire improved ways of working.
- Defining and documenting our policies, processes, standards and ways of working and agreed such that we can measure our performance against them and continually look to review and improve.
- Provide clear leadership to drive continuous improvement in project delivery, governance and planning.
- Act as a conduit between Head of Governance & Assurance, the direct reports and the Governance & Assurance team.
- Act as the champion for Governance & Assurance both within the Programme Office and across the business.
- Set and embed Process Standards across all aspects of our programme and project lifecycle, including measure, review, and improve our standards to ensure fit for purpose.
- Collaboration with of senior stakeholders within the Programme Office to adopt and drive the necessary changes to ways of working and our internal processes.
- Lead the implementation of process improvement, leading and steering team and project meetings, building and maintaining effective team relationships, monitoring progress and resolving barriers to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Build and enhance the capability of others through role modelling, training and coaching.
- Foster a collaborative working environment with functional areas and share best practices across the organisation.
- Depth of experience in driving and managing business change from initiation to completion.
- Experience working within a Programme or Project management function (preferably within the Telco or IT sector).
- Formal Programme or Project management qualification (MSP, Prince2, APMP, PMI).
- An ability to influence and solicit buy-in from a wide range of business stakeholders.
- An ability to train, mentor, and coach individuals on the benefits of continuous improvement and process management.
- Tenacious, flexible, passionate, resilient and results driven with a persuasive personality.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and able to demonstrate ability to drive cross-functional continuous improvement in areas outside immediate control or influence.
6 month contract
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.