Great opportunity to work for a leading telecoms company as Business Architect within the Business Planning team and sits within the Programme Office. Business Planning is the front door for new major/ cross-functional change initiatives (whether technical or non-technical), responsible for the Change Plan and defining/updating end-to-end business processes.
The Business Architect role within Business Planning focuses on aligning strategic goals and objectives with the company's business operating model.
- Work collaboratively with Network and Enterprise architects to ensure initiatives are assessed and prioritised effectively in line with the strategy.
- Drive the effort to capture initiative capability and needs, evaluating initiatives, summarising findings with recommendations to facilitate effective and timely decision-making.
- Apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- Support business decisions for project commitment and provides oversight of projects to ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Engage with the business function planners to understand the resource utilisation for projects and functional priorities - Build and maintain strong partner relationship with the business sponsor(s) of a designated Business Area, aimed at managing effectively and efficiently demand towards the COO organisation.
- Help embed the Business Planning and architecture process in the organisation, through communication through various Programme Boards, Forums and Teams.
- Proactively manage the communication and expectations of business sponsor(s) and key stakeholders.
- Provide support to Early Engagement Team and Business functions as and when required to transition Business planning for the concept.
- Partner with IT architecture team in developing an IT framework that aligns with the business plan.
- To construct business-level artefacts to raise the level of understanding of how an organisation works (in terms of capabilities and processes).
- A broad, enterprise-wide understanding of business models and an appreciation, at varying degrees, of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, organisation and governance.
- Experience in planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives and in complex business transformations.
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Ability to drive a collaborative approach across all business areas
- Ability to robustly challenge in a constructive manner
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Highly customer focused approach.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organisation with the ability to build excellent business wide relationship and influence others to move toward consensus.
- Experience in a commensurate role within a similar fasted paced, consumer focused, technology led industry e.g. Telecoms, Technology, Retail, Financial Services.
- Experienced in business analysis principles, methods, techniques and tools.
Nice to Have:
- Business Strategy/Business Change Management experience
- Mobile Telecoms industry experience
- Knowledge of Tele Management Forum models
- TOGAF Foundation or Certification
If you are interested in the role please send your CV or contact Amanda Cager - firstname.lastname@example.org - 01189 285550
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.