Big Data Architect - Contract - Berkshire
- Big Data Architect required on a contract basis for a leading Mobile Telecommunications brand in Berkshire to work closely with the product owners, consultants, developers and solution architects from internal / partner organisations to define, build, and deliver big data solutions.
- It will be the responsibility of this role to ensure the proposed solutions align to the roadmap, principles, and policies engaging and collaborating with enterprise, domain and solution architects.
- As the Big Data Architect, you will be responsible for providing expert guidance and technical leadership to a cross-skilled and cross-functional team to ensure the sound technical delivery of big data solutions and the evolution of the big data platform. To achieve it, this role will be expected to establish solid partnerships with stakeholders from the wider organisation.
- Provide strategic, architectural direction, technology choices and solutions to address unique business problems and to evolve the big data platform.
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate that knowledge to our platform roadmap, design and implementation
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to understand and capture business problems and requirements to design and build solutions.
- Communicate solution approaches to technical and non-technical stakeholders that address short term business needs, but can evolve to support long term needs and align to the technology roadmap. Advise on approach and tradeoffs.
- Work with architects, subject matter experts and developers to understand the technology landscape and produce integrated end-to-end solution options that manifest the technology roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership in end to end design, development, and testing of solutions in an Agile environment.
- Technically-focused degree in computer science, engineering, math, etc., or equivalent work experience
- Experience in data warehousing, operational data stores, and large scale architecture and implementation
- Experience in Big Data technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem - Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc
- Hands-on experience with Scala, Python or R
- Experience in cloud environment consulting services, including such areas as system design and architecture, hardware and software evaluations, systems management, and systems migration and implementation methods
- Experience with at least one set of deployment tools, such as Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with data warehousing tools (Netezza, SQL Data Warehouse)
- Experience in understanding of ETL or event based data streaming (e.g. Kafka, Sparks Streaming), data engineering life cycle development and system design life-cycle
- Proven Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Digital platforms
- Experience with large product integrations and performance enhancements
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data (multi-terabyte to petabyte range)
- Familiarity with common networking and security standards (e.g., CIDR, OAuth 2.0, etc.)
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Senior Platform Architect
Location: Hertfordshire, England
Salary: £1 - £2 per annum
Data Manager - Governance/Strategy
Location: Berkshire, England
Data Governance Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: £10000 - £100000 per annum + + Bonus + Car Allowance