Big Data Architect
We are looking for a Big Data Architect to join our client's Head Office Team, with one the world's leading Mobile Telecoms Service Providers. You'll be a key part of an agile team working closely with developers, product owners & solution architects. You will be responsible for ensuring the proposed solutions align to the roadmap, principles and policies.
- Provide strategic, architectural direction, technology choices and solutions to address unique business problems and to evolve the big data platform.
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate that knowledge to the platform roadmap, design and implementation.
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to understand and capture business problems and requirements to design and build solutions.
- Communicate solution approaches to technical and non-technical stakeholders that address short term business needs, but can evolve to support long term needs and align to the technology roadmap.
- Work with architects, subject matter experts and developers to understand the technology landscape and produce integrated end-to-end solution options that manifest the technology roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership in end to end design, development, and testing of solutions in an Agile environment.
- Document and present solution architecture, models, diagrams to development teams, architecture review board, and technical leadership.
Skills & Experience:
- Technically-focused degree in computer science, engineering, math, etc., or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in data warehousing, operational data stores, and large scale architecture and implementation.
- Experience in Big Data technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem - Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Scala, Python or R
- Experience in cloud environment consulting services, including such areas as system design and architecture, hardware and software evaluations, systems management, and systems migration and implementation methods.
- Experience with at least one set of deployment tools, such as Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with data warehousing tools (Netezza, SQL Data Warehouse).
- Experience in understanding of ETL or event based data streaming (e.g. Kafka, Sparks Streaming), data engineering life cycle development and system design life-cycle
- Proven Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Digital platforms
- Experience with large product integrations and performance enhancements
- Experience analysing large volumes of data (multi-terabyte to petabyte range)
- Familiarity with common networking and security standards (e.g., CIDR, OAuth 2.0, etc.)
So if you relish the prospect of owning your career development in a flexible, fast-paced, and challenging environment please send your CV to Bhavna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Network Security Architect
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Competitive daily rate
LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE ARCHITECT
Location: Hampshire, England
Snr. Solution Architect / Technical Architect (SCCM, Intune)
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary: Daily Rate
Lead Solution Architect (OT/Operational Technology/SCADA)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland