Automation Engineer - Contract - Berkshire
Leading Telecoms Managed Services company require a skilled Automation Engineer to based in Reading. Reporting to the OSS & Automation Manager you will responsible for designing, developing, deploying, operating and continuously improve workflow and task automation of the Service Management and Service Assurance tools to achieve the agreed contract service levels.
You will be exposed to a wide array of OSS applications and need to collaborate with various operation and business teams in the UK and abroad to interpret customer needs and develop strong technical solutions aligned with business value.
- Daily operation and maintenance of automation processes (BMC Remedy and MYCOM OSI, Tibco, Comarch etc.) to achieve the SLA with customer.
- Maintenance work includes the daily health check, trouble shooting, configuration, getting support from tool providers, implement the fix, upgrade system, etc, to make sure the automation processes are stable and healthy.
- Configure robotics processes and objects using core workflow principles in an efficient way; ensure they are easily maintainable and easy to understand
- Maintain proper documentation (Process Design and Solution Design Documents) for the automation solutions, test procedures and scenarios during UAT and in production phase
- Manage any required integration of task automation from the Network Operation Centre SMEs (FrontOffice and BackOffice Engineers)
- Commission and manage acceptance into service agreed automations
- Manage the assets within the Automation Library relating to business-as-usual activities
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and optimisation
- Working knowledge of one or more OSS, automation and service management solutions like BMC Remedy, MYCOM ProActor, UIPath etc.
- Experienced with agile development methodology (i.e. Safe Agile)
- Ability to coordinate with process owners and business to understand the as-is process and design the automation process flow.
- Strong understanding of telecom operation processes and ability to facilitate change requirements as part of a change control process
- Basic DBMS skills and SQL skills.
- Good exposure to error handling and recovery strategies
- Telecom OSS background preferable.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Strong team-building skills and the ability to work productively in a team
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.