- Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
- Based in Berkshire.
Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, and our client has established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing, they are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
A new role has arisen within the UK Managed Service Organization for an Automation Engineer for a recently signed managed service contractor for a UK Mobile Operator.
Based in the Berkshire area, and reporting to the OSS & Automation Manager, this role will responsible for designing, developing, deploying, operating and continuously improve workflow and task automation of the Service Management and Service Assurance tools to achieve the agreed contract service levels.
The role will be exposed to a wide array of OSS applications and need to collaborate with various operation and business teams in the UK and abroad to interpret customer needs and develop strong technical solutions aligned with business value.
- Daily operation and maintenance of automation processes to achieve the SLA with customer.
- Maintenance work includes the daily health check, trouble shooting, configuration, getting support from tool providers, implement the fix, upgrade system, etc, to make sure the automation processes are stable and healthy.
- Configure robotics processes and objects using core workflow principles in an efficient way; ensure they are easily maintainable and easy to understand.
- Maintain proper documentation (Process Design and Solution Design Documents) for the automation solutions, test procedures and scenarios during UAT and in production phase.
- Manage any required integration of task automation from the Network Operation Centre SMEs (Front Office and Back Office Engineers)
- Commission and manage acceptance into service agreed automations
- Manage the assets within the Automation Library relating to business-as-usual activities
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and optimization
- Working knowledge of one or more OSS, automation and service management solutions.
- Experienced with agile development methodology.
- Ability to coordinate with process owners and business to understand the as-is process and design the automation process flow.
- Strong understanding of telecom operation processes and ability to facilitate change requirements as part of a change control process
- Basic DBMS skills and SQL skills.
- Good exposure to error handling and recovery strategies
- Telecom OSS background preferable.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Strong team-building skills and the ability to work productively in a team
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Network Engineer - Contract - Portsmouth - Cisco
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Network Security Architect
Location: Berkshire, England
Azure Network Specialist - Azure - Network - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Lead Architect - Checkpoint Expert - Checkpoint - Scotland
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland