Applications Solutions Architect - SC Cleared
The Applications Solutions Architect will need to be comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum environment; be happy to engage with all levels of Customers. Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; and be flexible and amenable to work on and hence travel to sites on the South Coast and Bath/Bristol area.
The role holders will be responsible for the ownership & delivery of the required documentation (designs) for their application(s), cognisant of the underlying infrastructure platform and Agile principles.
- General Knowledge of Applications Development and Deployment
- Experience of operating within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Systems and Software Engineering background including all aspects of the solution lifecycle
- Can front and own a broad technical solution including design, costings and risks
- Able to provide technical leadership and strategic direction
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong client facing skills
- Knowledge and experience of the take on and implementation of applications and any associated components
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft and Unix technologies
- Knowledge and experience of Virtualisation technologies, deployment of applications under Citrix, via VDI
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal presentation
- Technical knowledge of IT systems, security policies and enforcement
- Knowledge and experience of implementing solutions
- Knowledge of End-User Applications implementation
- Experience of Linux
- Experience in Cloud technologies such IaaS/PaaS/AaaS including products such as OpenStack or equivalent would be very useful
- Experience designing app hosting solutions for Containers such as Docker would be useful
- Familiarity with operating within a DevOps focused environment
- Experience with Automatic Build/Deployment/Testing tools
- SOA middleware & ESBs
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.