Applications Customer Solutions Architect - SC Cleared
Outline of Role
An Applications Customer Solutions Architect is required for the development of A Comprehensive Operational Application Services Toolset under an Agile Sprint regime.
This Applications Customer Solutions Architect will design & implement application software solutions integrated into the core infrastructure.
The Applications Customer Solutions Architect will report to the Sprint Manager and the Principal Architect. The Applications Customer Solutions Architect will be part of a Sprint Team that will liaise with the current SMEs for Infrastructure, Applications and Enterprise Management as required, because the Capability is currently delivered in the live, fixed environment.
They will need to be comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum environment; be happy to engage with all levels of Customers (including those of significant seniority); be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; and be flexible and amenable to work on and hence travel to sites on the South Coast and Bath/Bristol area.
The role holders will be responsible for the ownership & delivery of the required documentation (designs) for their application(s), cognisant of the underlying infrastructure platform and Agile principles.
- General Knowledge of Applications Development and Deployment
- Experience of operating within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Systems and Software Engineering background including all aspects of the solution lifecycle
- Can front and own a broad technical solution including design, costings and risks
- Able to provide technical leadership and strategic direction
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
- Knowledge and experience of the take on and implementation of applications and any associated GOTS/COTS components
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft and Unix technologies
- Knowledge and experience of Virtualisation technologies, deployment of applications under Citrix, via VDI
- Knowledge of End-User Applications implementation
- Knowledge and experience of supporting high integrity data communications systems
- Knowledge of and experience in engineering data links
- Experience of Linux
- Experience in Cloud technologies such IaaS/PaaS/AaaS including products such as OpenStack or equivalent would be very useful
- Experience designing app hosting solutions for Containers such as Docker would be useful
- Familiarity with operating within a DevOps focused environment
- Experience with Automatic Build/Deployment/Testing tools
- SOA middleware & ESBs
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.