Application Architect - Security Cleared
My client is looking for new Application Architects, at varying levels of technical ability and experience, to join our dynamic bid team.
You will work closely with the Sales and Offerings teams to produce bid collateral on a wide variety of bids and tenders which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to provide better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability. The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewarding. You will work with the latest technology offering ground breaking solutions to everyday problems.
An Application Architect will be expected to:
* Work with the bid team to design solutions that meet or exceed the customer requirements.
* Present solutions to senior management and customers.
* Take ownership of Designs for specific application components of the overall solution.
* Ensure the designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
* Provide input into reports, when required, to the customer.
* Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
* Provide impact assessments on customer and internal Change Requests
* Provide estimates for design and development work using appropriate tooling and logic
Contribute to bid proposals
* Engage with and mange customer expectations, and design to meet these.
* Provide consultancy to customers and third-parties on technical subjects of expertise
* Lead design and delivery of applications solutions and delivery team
Knowledge and experience of the following:
* Applications Architecture and Development - Java, .Net or other programming language
* Web Applications/Services design and architecture (SOAP/REST and WSDL)
* Strong experience of application integration
* Knowledge use of design modelling techniques and tools (such as Sparx EA)
* XML, XSLT
* Strong Technical Knowledge
* Strong Databases knowledge - PostgreSQL, SQL Server or other (including data modelling)
* Agile Development Practises and UML driven design/development
* Requires good Bid Response writing skills
Desirable Skills Required:
* Knowledge with TOGAF
* SOA, EAI
* Enterprise Search
* Open source products
* DevOps practises
* Continuous integration/delivery
Due to the nature of the work, candidates will need to be security cleared to SC level prior to starting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.