Application Architect - Bid - SC Cleared
Our client a Global IT Services company require an Application Architect to work across multiple projects in mix of Technical hands on Architecture work as well as contributing with the pre-sales / Bid space.
An Application Architect will be expected to:
- Work with the bid team to design solutions that meet or exceed the customer requirements.
- Present solutions to senior management and customers.
- Take ownership of Designs for specific application components of the overall solution.
- Ensure the designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the customer.
- Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
- Provide impact assessments on customer and internal Change Requests
- Provide estimates for design and development work using appropriate tooling and logic
- Contribute to bid proposals
- Engage with and mange customer expectations, and design to meet these.
- Provide consultancy to customers and third-parties on technical subjects of expertise
- Lead design and delivery of applications solutions and delivery team
Mandatory Skills Required:
Knowledge and experience in a mixture of the following:
- Applications Architecture and Development - Java, .Net or other programming language
- Web Applications/Services design and architecture (SOAP/REST and WSDL)
- Strong experience of application integration/interoperability
- Knowledge use of design modelling techniques and tools (such as Sparx EA)
- XML, XSLT
- Strong Technical Knowledge
- Strong Databases knowledge - PostgreSQL, SQL Server or other (including data modelling)
- Agile Development Practises and UML driven design/development Development
- Information Security
- Strong knowledge of applications/open source capabilities/best practises
- Requires good Bid Response writing skills
Desirable Skills Required:
- Knowledge with TOGAF
- SOA, EAI
- Enterprise Search
- Open source products
- DevOps practises
- Continuous integration/delivery
- Authors high level design documents for major solutions, managing design requirements and implementation teams and maintains an audit trail for an effective design control process.
- Delivers presentations and "white papers" on the impact of emerging technologies to senior customer
- Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
Due to the secure nature of this role the successful candidate will be required to be SC Cleared prior to starting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.