|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant|
|Location:||South London, London|
|Salary:||£100 - £110 per day|
|Start Date:||September 2019|
|Contact Name:||Kenny Fraser|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Project People are supporting a specialist education schools service based in South London.
They are seeking to appoint an Administrative Support Assistant on a temp to permanent basis from September 2019.
The service offers educational provision for children with a range of learning difficulties including SEMH to children no longer in mainstream education and consists of 4 sites.
The successful person will contribute to the vision of achieving the best possible outcome for every student by providing administrative support as a member of the Administration Team.
You will oversee the process for behaviour logs on student files, be responsible for helping to improve attendance and punctuality for all learners, by meeting targets set by the school as well as providing specific support in relation to attendance for all year groups.
HIGHLIGHT OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and co-ordinate behaviour logs with staff and input onto SIMS
- Receptionist and being the first point of call for students and parents with regards to attendance
- Data entry to Sims for Merton Medical Education Service in line with the Attendance Protocol with accuracy and rigour
- Complete admissions for the Merton Medical Education Service
- Undertake reception duties including answering telephone and responding to queries and enquiries and dealing with visitors where appropriate on behalf of the Head of Centre
- General office duties: stock ordering, photocopying, filing and dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by the line manager or the Executive Headteacher
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent ICT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Full working knowledge of relevant polices/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding the setting roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Demonstrate a willingness to take responsibility for continued professional development
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
- Understanding of safeguarding and child protection issues
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Up to date First Aid at Work qualification (School can arrange)
- Experience of using IT school software programmes: SIMS
- Experience of managing 3rd parties, external organisations, parents and working in a school environment
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact Kenny Fraser on 0203 948 9260 or email email@example.com
Project People is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.