Accounts Payable Clerk - Excel/SAP/Oracle-Report/Balance Sheet
Recruiting immediately for an Accounts Payable Clerk, to work for a fantastic client of ours, on a permanent basis, located in the Reading area. Please note, there will initially be regular travel to their site close to Beaconsfield/High Wycombe, so candidates will need to be able to drive.
Perform accounting transactions in accounts payable and accounts receivable ledger in accordance with policy. Follow up with suppliers, customers and internal business to resolve any queries in an effective and timely manner.
- Register supplier invoices accurately, completely and timely in the accounting system, following the three way match process and follow up with business owner on any discrepancies
- Raise sales invoices in accordance with the approved invoice requested by the business and perform cash receipt from customers against open customer invoices.
- Perform debt collection enquires in a professional and timely manner and ensure aged debt are timely recovered
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling supplier statements and related transactions.
- Timely & accurately prepare statement reconciliations for review
- Resolve suppliers' and customers' queries (including the status and content of invoices) and liaison with business Managers if necessary
- Complete month end Balance Sheet reconciliations in AP and AR resolving any issue found
- Produce monthly reports and assist with month end closing
- Support internal and external audit activities by retrieving the required evidence
Key knowledge required
- Experience of end to end Accounts Payable/receivable clerk processes.
- Strong working knowledge of finance systems (ideally an ERP system such as SAP or Oracle) as well as MS Office applications.
- The ability to communicate with staff and customers at all levels are also essential for this role.
- Excellent Excel
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to identify issues and address them
- Ability to work to deadlines
In order to be considered for the role please email your most recent CV to Richard.Gallagher@projectpeople.com and your application will be reviewed in due course.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.