Accounts Payable Assistant
Participate as a highly trusted and involved member of the team, acting as:
- The main point of contact between Finance, Suppliers and Senior Management for accounts payable matters
- Facilitate timely and accurate financial and other reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring all routine processing is completed in an accurate manner to satisfy strict monthly deadlines
- Maintain a professional and dedicated approach to duties at all times and adhere to corporate standards for behaviour and loyalty to the objectives and goals of the company
- Instigate a streamlined approach to processing ensuring best practice throughout the financial processing function
- Tracking approval of invoices, purchase orders and expense claims
- Processing of purchase orders and invoices ensuring nominal codes and project codes are correct and that costs are recorded in the correct period
- Checking, processing and paying employee expense claims
- Planning and carrying out regular weekly payment runs
- Maintaining an accurate record of petty cash in all departments and preparing monthly petty cash reconciliations and journals
- Maintaining a close relationship with suppliers and departments to ensure all invoices are processed and paid on time, queries resolved quickly and any delays notified
- Monthly bank reconciliation and journal preparation
- Monthly VAT returns and ensuring foreign VAT is recorded correctly
- Occasional analysis of cost centres as required
- Graduate or relevant work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good time management and self-organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and unsupervised with a degree of flexibility towards working hours and tasks assigned
- Proactive, positive attitude to work, able to use initiative and act with independence and integrity.
- Some experience of accounts payable
- Working knowledge of a relevant financial system
- Interested in or commenced studying for a relevant professional accounting qualification
- Experience of liaising confidently and effectively at all levels within an organisation.
If you have the skills required for this opportunity, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.