I have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading telecoms company based in Berkshire. As the Accounts Payable Clerk you will have some experience in this area, and an accounting qualification. We are looking for candidates who would like to develop their career in this area and additional studies will be supported.
As the Accounts Payable Clerk you will perform accounting transactions in accounts payable and accounts receivable ledger in accordance with policy. Follow up with suppliers, customers and internal business to resolve any queries in an effective and timely manner.
Your role will also involve;
- Register supplier invoices accurately, completely and timely in the accounting system , following the three way match process and follow up with business owner on any discrepancies
- Raise sales invoices in accordance with the approved invoice requested by the business and perform cash receipt from customers against open customer invoices.
- Perform debt collection enquires in a professional and timely manner and ensure aged debt are timely recovered
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling supplier statements and related transactions .Timely & accurately prepare statement reconciliations for review
- Resolve suppliers' and customers' queries (including the status and content of invoices) and liaison with business Managers if necessary
- Complete month end Balance Sheet reconciliations in AP and AR resolving any issue found
- Produce monthly reports and assist with month end closing
- Support internal and external audit activities by retrieving the required evidence
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.