|Job Title:||ACCOUNTING MANAGER (FINANCIAL REPORTING) ACA / ACCA|
|REF:||AMFR / BERK / ROB_1527867247|
|Contact Name:||Robert Hudson|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
The role and its purpose.
A key role within the Financial Accounting and Reporting team that will primarily focus on balance sheet control, regular working capital & cash flow reporting, and audit coordination. The role will report into Senior Accounting Manager - Financial Reporting.
What makes this role unique?
The role provides an opportunity to enhance skills gained in accountancy practice or industry finance roles and exposure to senior finance management. The person in this role will be a qualified accountant and will be expected to have strong technical accounting and advisory skills.
What does the role involve?
Balance Sheet Review
Responsible for monthly balance sheet control, including detailed review of all the balance sheet reconciliations at least once a year and attend meetings with preparers and reviewers of reconciliations to understand the nature of the accounts and any underlying issues.
Cash Flow and Working Capital Management and Reporting
Ownership of monthly cash flow and working capital reporting along with quarterly forecasting and support in annual budget & 5 year plan preparation. This is a complex area and will involve working with various teams within Finance to improve the balance sheet forecasting process. This role will spend time with colleagues and teams considering how to improve the impact of their work on customers (their colleagues).
Preparation of Financial Statements and Audit Co-Ordination
Preparation of financial statements under FRS 101 and liaising / co-ordinating with external auditors (and internal auditors where applicable) to plan audit requests for half yearly, hard close, year-end, statutory and any other audits / reviews.
The type of person we are looking for.
- Qualified accountant ACA or ACCA or from another recognised accounting body.
- Technical accounting / advisory skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101.
- An engaging individual able to build strong relationships with senior management and external advisors.
- Strong organisational and collaboration skills to coordinate activities across various teams.
- Proactive in identifying and dealing with audit and accounting issues.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, complex, dynamic and technical environment.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good at Excel and Power point.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.