The role and its purpose
Working for a telecoms company, a key role within the Financial Accounting and Reporting team, that will primarily focus on balance sheet control, regular working capital & cash flow reporting, and audit coordination. The role will report into Senior Accounting Manager - Financial Reporting.
What does the role involve?
- Balance Sheet Review Responsible for monthly balance sheet control, including detailed review of all the balance sheet reconciliations at least once a year and attend meetings with prepares and reviewers of reconciliations to understand the nature of the accounts and any underlying issues.
- Cash Flow and Working Capital Management and Reporting wnership of monthly cash flow and working capital reporting along with quarterly forecasting and support in annual budget & 5 year plan preparation. This is a complex areas and will involve working with various teams within Finance to improve the balance sheet forecasting process. This role will spend time with colleagues and teams considering how to improve the impact of their work on customers (their colleagues).
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Audit Co-Ordination Preparation of financial statements under FRS 101 and liaising/ co-ordinating with external auditors (and internal auditors where applicable) to plan audit requests for half yearly, hard close, year-end, statutory and any other audits / reviews.
- Qualified accountant ACA or ACCA or from another recognised accounting body.
- Technical accounting / advisory skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101.
- An engaging individual able to build strong relationships with senior management and external advisors.
- Strong organisational and collaboration skills to coordinate activities across various teams.
- Proactive in identifying and dealing with audit and accounting issues.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, complex, dynamic and technical environment.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good at Excel and Power point.
- Experience of working for any of the 'Big 4' a bonus.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.