About The Company
My client, based in the Oxfordshire area, are a leading leisure and tourism company who focus on creating boutique and bespoke travel packages for their customers who want to explore and travel the world in their own unique way. They are looking for an Accountant to join their Finance & Accounting Team to support the Financial Reporting Manager and Assistant Controller to maintain an environment of strong accounting and control that keeps pace with the expected growth plans of the company. The Finance team is regularly transforming and improving its systems and processes to deal with business growth, the complexities or a private equity funding model and the challenges of being an international business with payments in multiple foreign currencies.
About The Role
In this role, you will lead a team of 3 Accountants, and be responsible for the preparation and delivery of the Group's monthly financial reporting and year-end financial statements. You will undertake and manage Financial Reporting activities with a specific focus on Holding companies and Group reporting with significant interaction with the rest of the global finance team. You will also be responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger and will have experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 as an ERP system.
- Lead the preparation of monthly consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow reporting for internal management reporting purposes, including undertaking consolidated balance sheet and P&L analytical reviews.
- Prepare annual financial statements for Group entities in accordance with IFRS and support UK and US Accountants with the preparation of financial statements for their respective trading entities.
- Maintain a robust balance sheet working in close collaboration with the AP and payroll teams in particular
- Work closely with the commercial finance and FP&A teams to provide them with robust financial data to support their business partnering and decision making
- Work with the Microsoft Dynamics AX Systems Accounting Manager to identify and deliver system efficiencies and enhancements
- Support the Assistant Group Controller with Group accounting policy development
- Support the Group Financial Reporting Manager to identify and deliver process efficiencies and enhancements
- Play a key role in supporting the Assistant Group Controller with the year-end audit preparation and delivery
- Run and reconcile month end forex revaluations
- Running deferral calculations for commissions, credit cards
- Working with the Financial Reporting team to develop exception reporting resulting in errors being corrected in month
About The Person
- Practice qualified ACA or ACCA with 3+ years PQE
- Able to deliver confidently and quickly despite changing priorities and take ownership to achieve deadlines
- Ability to direct and develop a team of accountants
- High standards and attention to detail in all aspects of output
- Ability to communicate across all areas of the business and builds and develops relationships with key business stakeholders
- Experience in group multi-currency consolidations as well as external reporting under IFRS
- Strong technical accounting background
- Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- SQL and Power Query skills desirable but not essential
- Experience of Dynamics AX or similar ERP systems
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on email@example.com.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.