|Job Title:||3rd Line Support Engineer -Citrix/Windows/VMWare ESX/App-V/SCCM|
|Contact Name:||Cassandre Butcher|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
3rd Line Support Engineer (Citrix/Windows 2008 & 2012 R2/XenApp/XenDesktop/VMWare ESX/App-V/SCCM/Active Directory) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 6 months rolling contract, to be based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Extensive 3rd Line support experience
- Dealing with user Incidents referred from the 2nd Level support team.
- Undertaking Release (Software, security/vulnerability patching)
- Application Publishing / Software Distribution
- Performing Publishing tasks for packaged Virtualised and MSI applications.
- Running Software Distribution process end to end.
- Printer Queue Creations/Migrations
- Creation and Maintenance of ad-hoc/Monthly reporting
- Raising test and change paperwork and performing changes to maintain the currency and integrity of the infrastructure supported.
- Troubleshooting platform specific Incidents.
- License Harvesting
- Execute User/Device Migrations
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX Technologies 5.1 to 5.5
- Knowledge of Citrix Technologies (Xenapp/XenDesktop)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems, in particular Windows 2008 R2 & 2012 R2
- SMS 2003
- App-V 4.6, 5.1
- SCCM 2012
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
3rd line Infrastructure Engineer - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
2nd Line Support Engineer - Windows 10 - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
1st/2nd Line IT Support Analyst
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Salary: Contract day rate
First/Second Line Support Operations Centre Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £12 per hour
First Line Support - On-going Long Term Contract
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: £20000 - £24000 per annum