|Job Title:||3rd Line Support Engineer (Citrix/Windows 2008 R2/VMWare ESX)|
|Contact Name:||Cassandre Butcher|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
3rd Line Support Engineer (Citrix/Windows 2008 R2/XenApp/XenDesktop/VMWare ESX) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 3 months rolling contract, to be based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Dealing with user Incidents referred from the 2nd Level support team.
- Providing technical input to Major Incident recoveries.
- Owning and taking actions to resolve Problems.
- Undertaking Release (security and vulnerability patching), build image creation and build test activities.
- Raising and performing infrastructure changes.
- Assisting Projects with infrastructure build-out and service transformation activities.
- Creating new virtual client server and infrastructure builds, build manager toolsets.
- Building and configuring new platform environments, following designs produced by the Solution Architects.
- Supporting the Application Packaging team to get an Application installed on the virtual platform.
- Developing new build configurations to optimise application launch times and application performance.
- Designing tests to validate the implementation of changes.
- Raising test and change paperwork and performing changes to maintain the currency and integrity of the infrastructure supported.
- Reviewing SCOM alerts raised for the server infrastructure and liaising with Service Management to refine the Enterprise Management monitoring.
- Monitoring the performance of the file clusters hosting user profiles and highlighting resource constraints.
- Modifying user profile configurations (GPO and AppSense)
- VMWare ESX Technologies
- Citrix Technologies (Xenapp/XenDesktop/Netscaler)
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems, in particular Windows 2008 R2
- Windows Deployment Tools e.g. WDS and WSUS
- Windows Scripting Technologies (VBSCript/Powershell)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Clustering including DFS Configuration
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer - PERM
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
2nd Line Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
First Line Support (Customer Service) - Fujitsu
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £10.19 per hour
2nd Line Network Engineer - PERM
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: Up to £25000 per annum + 15% shift allowance
Network Support Engineer - Migration Network Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands