3rd Line Network Support Engineer
Berkshire or London (Contract)
We have an immediate requirement for a Contractor, to provide cover for 3-6 months. The team supports the networks that deliver services to our customers, ensuring that networks are secure and available. The technology employed includes LTE, Microwave Radios, Fibre, WiFi.
- Role sits in 3rd line Networks and ultimately deals with escalations from the NOC. Lots of hands-on technical work.
- Interacts across IT/NOC/Applications/Architecture/Design
- Team Is currently split across Core and EPC
- Ideally Juniper experience although can consider Cisco as an alternative. Must have hands-on experience
- Brocade experience also useful but not essential.
- Role will be performing BAU, Ops and Maintenance, NW upgrades etc.
- Ideally from an ISP or mobile background
The following skills are important:
- Juniper skills
- ISP knowledge / background
- MPLS skills
- Mobile background (3GPP knowledge)
- Ability to pick up knowledge quickly, and share information amongst the team to assist coaching and development
- Operational background, a 'can do' attitude
- Willingness to work as part of an on-call rota
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.