2nd Line Network Engineer - Security Cleared
Job type: Permanent
Our client a global IT outsourcing company are undergoing an exciting phase of growth driven by some significant business wins. With that said they are looking for multiple 2nd Line Network Engineers.
- Work within a team supporting end users with technical queries relating to several products/systems (e.g. Microsoft products, operating systems, networks, applications, PCS).
- Has a good understanding of the customers' environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of the service.
- Follows established processes/systems and recommends improvements to these as appropriate to resolve routine customer enquiries. Documents actions taken to resolve enquiries.
- Takes ownership for listening to and understanding the customer's problem. Escalates and/or gains support where necessary to resolve the problem. Uses relevant information to diagnose and to resolve or enable resolution in a timely manner.
- Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/Service Level Agreements (SLA). Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Is a key team member, demonstrating personal leadership and initiative resolving issues and supporting other team members.
* Excellent customer communication skills.
* Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT security policies and enforcement.
* Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
* Experience in incident resolution and/or system management of secure IT infrastructures
*Awareness of DevOps methodology
Proven technical understanding and support of some or all of:
* Understanding of ITIL Service Management
* Windows Server 2012 platforms
* Microsoft Group Policies
* Microsoft Office 2016
* Supporting Scout Server Thin Client access
* VMware ESX and vCentre
* Management of SAN based storage and backup system (ideally EMC)
* Base understanding of Systems Centre Operations Manage 2012
* Base understanding of Systems Centre Configuration Manager 2012 software delivery
* Anti-Virus management and reporting
Due to the nature of the work, candidates will need to be SC Cleared prior to starting on site.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.